Parents & The Poly Community
|Poly Parents are vital members of the Poly Prep Country Day School community. We believe our family atmosphere and our two beautiful campuses makes our students feel the safety they need to embark on new adventures—intellectually, socially, and morally.|
Poly's administration, faculty, and Parents' Association strive to provide learning opportunities and resources for parents, as well as opportunities for socializing and volunteering. Your participation and involvement are vital to your child's growth and education, and that of the entire Poly community.
We hope you will take advantage of these opportunities, which are a great way to interact with the faculty, form relationships with other parents, and become invested in this vibrant and diverse community!
TO READ OUR HEADMASTER'S WELCOME, CLICK HERE!
Parents Information & Opportunities
|Contact Information For Poly Faculty & Staff|
- You may find a complete online faculty and staff directory for both campuses here.
- A list of Middle School and Upper School deans is available here.
- Our Administrative Council listing can be found here.
|Directions to Dyker Heights and Park Slope Campuses|
In case of emergency, parents will find updates at Poly's homepage, www.polyprep.org
. Depending upon the nature and severity of the emergency, families may also receive information by email and/or by telephone through our Alert Now system.
For school closings related to inclement weather, families will be contacted by telephone through the Alert Now system and via e-mail. (To update your e-mail, click here
Closings will also be announced on the school's homepage, at www.polyprep.org
. Parents may also call the school at (718) 836-9800 for a recorded message.
We will also post messages on our Facebook Fan (http://www.facebook.com/polyprep
) page and our Twitter account (http://www.twitter.com/polyprep
), as well.
- Middle & Upper School Parents may also reach Vincent Rutuelo, Director of Campus Security, at 718-836-9800 ext. 3860 or by cell-phone at (718) 644-5807.
- Lower School parents may reach Amy Schlansky, Associate Director of Lower School Security, at 718-768-1103 ext. 6568.
|Stay Up to Date|
- To keep current on Poly events and news, click here to visit the school's News and Calendar page. Poly's online calendar is updated daily.
- Our online athletics calendar is here.
- Parents also receive the latest Poly news and information through the weekly e-newsletter, The Poly Pulse, emailed to you each Thursday during the academic year. If you are not receiving The Poly Pulse, please send your current e-mail address to Kathleen Graf, School Registrar.
|Volunteering and Giving|
Parents are encouraged to participate in the many volunteer opportunities
at Poly Prep. There's something for everyone!
Accompany your child's class on a field trip, or volunteer to become a grade representative. For sports enthusiasts, volunteer to provide a light dinner for your child's team on game day, or sell raffle tickets to send the team to training camp. For bibliophiles, the Joseph Dana Allen Library
is always looking for volunteers, or you can help at the annual book fair.
If fundraising interests you, volunteer for the Poly Fund
or the Auction.
To learn more about Poly's volunteer opportunities, click here
. To learn more about giving to Poly, click here
|Visit Poly's School Store!|
Poly's School Store is located in Room 014, on the lower level across from the girls' locker room. The Store carries Poly logo clothing, school supplies, and other Poly merchandise and is open during regular school hours.
You may also shop The Poly Store online here
To learn more or to volunteer at the Store, e-mail store manager Eileen Avvocato
, or call her at (718) 836-9800, ext. 3670.
Poly Parents Play A Pivotal Role at Poly... and Have Fun, Too
Poly Prep is happy to present Minerva, Poly's new parent intranet! Here you will find useful, private, and secure information and forms as well as a hub to important links in Poly Prep's web community.
Click here to access the login page.
NEED TO UPDATE YOUR CONTACT INFORMATION WITH POLY?
If you need to change or update your contact information (email, phone, address, etc.) with Poly, please contact Ms. Kathleen Graf, our Registrar, at 718-836-9800 extension 3880 or by email here.
Join the Poly Prep Parents' Association!
For complete information on the Parents' Association, click here.
FOLLOW POLY ON SOCIAL MEDIA