SUSTAINABLE SOCIETIES ACADEMY™
For students entering Grade 9 through Grade 12
Tuition: $750Week Available: August 14
Poly Prep, through partnership with Sustainability Curriculum Consortium™
, is hosting Sustainable Societies Academy™ (SSA). SSA provides highly motivated rising high school students with an engaging introduction to and preparation for further studies in sustainability. During this intensive 5-day session led by faculty and leading professionals from UPenn, Harvard, CUNY, and other universities, students will learn the basic concepts and principles of sustainability through college-level presentations, small group discussion, interactive workshops, and site visits.
From the acclaimed Global Sustainable Societies™ curriculum, engineered by Environic Foundation International® (EFI), students will engage in extensive study and practice in human settlements, climate, water, and decision-making. Upon completion of the 5-day program, which includes summer-long access to the online EFI modules, SSA students will achieve the following:
- Understand sustainability issues;
- Understand the interdependencies among the issues;
- Know strategies which can be used to tackle sustainability challenges;
- Know how to analyze the practicality of proposed strategies;
- Know what it takes to build sustainable strategies themselves.
Prior to arrival on Poly Prep’s campus, students are expected to complete a self-paced module and prep assignment to ensure a baseline level of readiness for the Academy’s programming.
By the end of the program, SSA students will be equipped to integrate their interests and concerns to develop solutions to social, economic, and environmental sustainability challenges in their own communities.
To apply, please complete this application form
and, it is encouraged although not required, to ask a teacher/mentor to submit an online recommendation
. Applications remain open with acceptance on a rolling basis.
- Accepted students must submit completed registration forms and full payment within a week of their acceptance.
- Expect access to program materials following process of student registration and payment.